need help, corrupted data - weird problem

Moderators: Rogero, bitsbubba

{ VISITS } Views: 8571  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 1 
    Followers: Porfirio
    Random avatar

Reputation point: 0

need help, corrupted data - weird problem

Postby Crucis82 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

hi, need some help fingering out what firmware i have.

I had rogero cfw 4.21 1.09 (working), when i decide update to rogero cfw 4.30 1.03.
    And somewhere updating, it went something wrong, was following rogero guide.

Now: my PS3 system version 4.21 (without rogero sign)
    in mulltiman say PS3 firmware 3.55 [SC-36|Hermes]
    toggle qa (working, i do key combo and appear 3 new option)
    fifa 2013 (the only one game i have working)
    Cant downgrade (using rogero 4.25-3.55 via xmb, at the end even tryed rebug downgrader)
    and cant update (ofw 3.55, rogero cfw 3.55 v3,7 ; rogero cfw 4.21 1.09 ; rogero cfw 4.30 1.30)
    i keep getting corrupted data on update firmare (recovery menu)

So what firmware m'I? and m'I stuck in this firmware?

Reputation point: 18
    Novice

Re: need help, corrupted data - weird problem

Postby RedCup » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Crucis82 wrote:hi, need some help fingering out what firmware i have.

I had rogero cfw 4.21 1.09 (working), when i decide update to rogero cfw 4.30 1.03.

Cant downgrade (using rogero 4.25-3.55 via xmb, at the end even tryed rebug downgrader)
    and cant update (ofw 3.55, rogero cfw 3.55 v3,7 ; rogero cfw 4.21 1.09 ; rogero cfw 4.30 1.30)

Never heard of this happening before, it sounds like your PS3 isn't sure what version you're on or that it thinks it's on 4.31 which is why you can't update to 4.30 or downgrade. You might need to Re-Format your HDD, or buy a Flasher and downgrade.
    Buy a Flasher here: E3 Flasher - Mod Chip Central

Hope this helps!

Random avatar

Postby dragonballz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:23 pm

i was having the same problem just follow the instructions to Downgrading back to 3.55 from this post

http://tortuga-cove.com/132-hacking/ps3 ... -04-01-208

make sure you follow the steps
    1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package
    2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
    3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
    4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
    - Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
    - Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30.

hopes that help!

HBIC

Reputation point: 663
    SkilledSkilledSkilledSkilledSkilledSkilledSkilled

Postby windrider » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Crucis82 wrote:hi, need some help fingering out what firmware i have.

If your able to play the fifa 2013 from multiman, then your on CFW

Make sure the qa flag took even though you do the combo and the three options appear.
    Also reformat your USB and then put the PS3/PS3UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and try again.
    If we all are here to help others , then what exactly are others here for?

ImageImage

Forum rules

Random avatar

Postby Crucis82 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm

IT'S SOLVED

the weird thing is that i had allready tryied that(i spend the day reading posts ).
    i Formated hdd and somehow got it working.
    It took me 2 run of qa flag so key combo show me Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.

PS. corrupted data can be sloved with the correct use of qa flag.

Thx

Random avatar

Postby Porfirio » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello guys, i'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I'm in dire need of some help and this topic is very similar to the situation i find myself in.

I was previously on 3.55 Kmeaw. Everything worked great but when the new stuff came out (Rogero 4.21 et al), i heard great things and wanted to upgrade. Suffice to say it didn't work out for me. I was able to update successfully only to have none of my HDD games work. This is the situation as of now:

Under XMB, my version shows up as 4.21. No Rogero sign when i boot up, though i did have it at one point. Under MM, my version is 3.55 [SC-36 Hermes]. I've tried the downgrader and though the system downloads the data, i get an error when trying to install the update. I'm using a Sandisk 32Gig USB stick to put all the files in. I've followed everything to the letter, or at least i think i have, but to no avail. Also no game in the drive.

I had been working from a Mac and i don't know if that affects anything. I'm switching to a Windows system now and going to do everything all over again (ie, 4.25>3.55 downgrader).

At this point i would just love to go back to CFW 3.55 Kmeaw. That thing was working beautifully and now there are eboots for every game out there.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Random avatar

Postby Porfirio » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Just tried downgrader again. I get this error code: (8002F157)

Postby hdavid » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 am

Porfirio wrote:Hello guys, i'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I'm in dire need of some help and this topic is very similar to the situation i find myself in.

I was previously on 3.55 Kmeaw. Everything worked great but when the new stuff came out (Rogero 4.21 et al), i heard great things and wanted to upgrade. Suffice to say it didn't work out for me. I was able to update successfully only to have none of my HDD games work. This is the situation as of now:

Under XMB, my version shows up as 4.21. No Rogero sign when i boot up, though i did have it at one point. Under MM, my version is 3.55 [SC-36 Hermes]. I've tried the downgrader and though the system downloads the data, i get an error when trying to install the update. I'm using a Sandisk 32Gig USB stick to put all the files in. I've followed everything to the letter, or at least i think i have, but to no avail. Also no game in the drive.

I had been working from a Mac and i don't know if that affects anything. I'm switching to a Windows system now and going to do everything all over again (ie, 4.25>3.55 downgrader).

At this point i would just love to go back to CFW 3.55 Kmeaw. That thing was working beautifully and now there are eboots for every game out there.

hi
    i've had similar problem yesterday. i've been on kmeaw 3.55 since it came out. updated tu rogero 4.30 v1.0 and everithing was just fine. yesterday tried to update to 4.30 v2.0 and had exact same error you have. after a couple of hours of reading and trying to downgrade/update figured out that after downgrading to rogero 4.21-3.55 hybrid i've tried to update directly to 4.30 v2.0 and forgot about flashinh OFW 3.55 on rogero 4.21-3.55 hybrid.
    so follow this steps:
    if you already on 4.21 (shows in xmb, no rogero sigh on boot) - download OFW 3.55 (or kmeaws 3.55) --> QAflag --> RECOVERY --> FLASH 3.55(OFW or KMEAW) --> install MULTIMAN 04.12 (if you don't want to mess around after update (install package files will be gone)) --> UPDATE TO LATEST ROGERO 4.30 V2.0 .. now everything should work
    hope this helps!

Random avatar

Postby Pinjosi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 am

corrupted data? Read here :

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4035&start=300

Random avatar

Postby Porfirio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 am

You are a gentlemen and a scholar! I ran the QA_Toggle. System beeped as it should then i got a black screen with those little sprites shining in the background. Bad news usually as this means my system is frozen. Figured 'here i go again.' Turned it off manually than started it again. Went into recovery mode and installed OFW 3.55. Usually the system asks me to install 4.40 or higher but this time it started to update. Usually the install phase is where i get the 'data corrupted' error. This time it actually started installing, system turned off by itself, turned back on and upon checking under 'system info' on XMB, i am ON 3.55 OFW!!!

Can't believe it. I've been going at this for weeks to no avail. Now im not touching anything until i'm 100% sure. Here's my question: from previous experience Rogero didn't work for me. I'd just like to go back to Kmeaw 3.55. Can i straight up update from here (OFW 3.55>Kmeaw)? Or is there something else i need to do? I'm considering REX 4.21 since it's bulletproof from what i hear.

So am i good to update to any stage from here (OFW3.55?)

Thanks again man!

hdavid wrote:
    Porfirio wrote:Hello guys, i'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I'm in dire need of some help and this topic is very similar to the situation i find myself in.

hi
    i've had similar problem yesterday. i've been on kmeaw 3.55 since it came out. updated tu rogero 4.30 v1.0 and everithing was just fine. yesterday tried to update to 4.30 v2.0 and had exact same error you have. after a couple of hours of reading and trying to downgrade/update figured out that after downgrading to rogero 4.21-3.55 hybrid i've tried to update directly to 4.30 v2.0 and forgot about flashinh OFW 3.55 on rogero 4.21-3.55 hybrid.
    so follow this steps:
    if you already on 4.21 (shows in xmb, no rogero sigh on boot) - download OFW 3.55 (or kmeaws 3.55) --> QAflag --> RECOVERY --> FLASH 3.55(OFW or KMEAW) --> install MULTIMAN 04.12 (if you don't want to mess around after update (install package files will be gone)) --> UPDATE TO LATEST ROGERO 4.30 V2.0 .. now everything should work
    hope this helps!

Next

Return to Rogero