• toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21 or 4.30 +? • Rogero - Tortuga Cove
    Register

toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21 or 4.30 +?

Moderators: Rogero, bitsbubba

{ VISITS } Views: 3307  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 0 

Reputation point: 0

toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21 or 4.30 +?

Postby unimatrix725 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:30 pm

I have updated to 4.21 v1.00. I noticed that the toggle_qa.pkg does not work anymore. I thought well maybe it was because of it not being signed for 4.21, but began thinking about it... I am now under the impression that it is not working because 4.21 (CFW) does not support lv1 mmap and lv2 peek and poke?? I was wanting to get confirmation of my suspicion.
    I may be wrong and if so where can I download an updated version? In case I am right, will there be an updated CFW that will support lv1 mmap and lv2 peek and poke? I also thought there may be a 3rd option which would entail a completely new qa flag process that is compatible with 4.21? I read about getting it working before there was a pkg app to do this, but that was long ago and complicated. $ony finds out about everything (scene related) eventually and must molest it...
    Last edited by unimatrix725 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    CECHE01 MGS4 Bundle "Phat". A "Thanks Click" is always appreciated!

Random avatar

Reputation point: 22
    Novice

Re: toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21??

Postby Pockets69 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:55 pm

no it doesn't work that way because the method used to obtain qa flag on 3.55/3.41 was blocked on 3.60+ firmware and no longer works, so you will not find a toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21.
    /me Kicks a cat over to S4BRE
    Follow me on twitter @Pockets_69 www.twitter.com/Pockets_69

Reputation point: 0

Re: toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21??

Postby unimatrix725 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Pockets69 wrote:no it doesn't work that way because the method used to obtain qa flag on 3.55/3.41 was blocked on 3.60+ firmware and no longer works, so you will not find a toggle_qa.pkg for 4.21.

Thanks for the info... I assumed it did get patched. Is there any other method besides a packaged app? I remember seeing a long time back about doing this, but it was a little bit complicated. There is still some reference material via ps3devwiki....
    I remember reading back when qa flagging was new that the combo key was holding everyone back. Is it just the COMBO KEY or has the whole method of accessing it changed?
    CECHE01 MGS4 Bundle "Phat". A "Thanks Click" is always appreciated!

Return to Rogero