atreyu187 wrote:Cobra USB doesn't support Rogero CFW only Cobra and NFW are supported. One must downgrade to Rogero, then QA flag your deck and downgrade back to 3.41 and from there update to Cobra 3.55 in order for it to work due to the lv2 latching needed for downgraded FW's that neither Cobra nor NFW have. I have both dongles and the E3 and this is the only way I can get Cobra to work after a downgrade.
1. Quick format your USB flash drive to fat32.
2. Place the toggle_qa.pkg file onto the root of your flash drive.
3. Put in your PS3.
4. Navigate to install packages and install the package.
5. Go to Toggle QA app on the XMB and click X.
6. You will here a beep and see a blackscreen, then it will return to the XMB. If it doesn't reboot and try again.
Steps 7. + 8. are not necessary. I do step 7. just to make sure the QA flag worked.
7. Then navigate to Network settings and press L1,L2,L3,R1,R2, and down on the d-pad.
Now more options will appear in your menu.
8. Navigate to Debug System Settings and enable it. (I did it without enabling this setting, but since e3 site says to do it in their guide, it doesnt' hurt.)
QA flag bypasses the SYSCON check, as SYSCON holds the the FW version number (which is why you can only downgrade to a "no check" MFW/CFW)atreyu187 wrote:Once you install the OFW by QA flag you can then use any CFW regardless of the lv2 check or check as they are the same thing. Once you downgrade to the OFW then back to Cobra it works, why I don't know I am not that technical but I can tell you I use it and never had a problem using this exact method I posted above using the same files.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests