Followers: skull, deghedy, psp_frank2
    Random avatar

Reputation point: 5
    Novice

Rogero 4.30 important bug

Postby dreamer_ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:32 am

Hi Rogero:

I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.

I think that I have found a very important bug or something that I cannot fix and it's important to consider for all.

My slim 2504-B has actually a semibrick. I updated succesfully from 3.55 Kmeak no check, to Rogero 4.30, but then, and that was my mistake, I formatted the hard disk from the recovery.

Now the console asks for a firmware flash constantly, but I get a "data error" from the recovery for all the firmwares I put in a pendrive (even for the same 4.30 Rogero i already flashed before).

I suppose I need to reflash the 4.30Rogero, as I'm only missing the data of the HDD.
    I'd ask to you, to put a little note saying people, NOT to format the HDD from the recovery, after being in this firmware, or they will get the same semibrick as I'm getting.

Is there anyway I can bypass this step? Please. There should be a way to fix this. I think I'm the first that has formatted the HDD and didn't know that I couldn't format it. sigh :oops:

Edit again: This is a very very important bug. Imagine that the HDD data gets corrupted and the console wants to format the HDD. If this happens to you, you'll have a semibrick, since you won't be able to reflash from the recovery.

Thanks a lot for your hard work for all of us, sorry for this engrish and the many posts

Thank you.

Reputation point: 18
    Novice

Re: Rogero 4.30 important bug

Postby RedCup » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:37 am

If you have a Flasher you could flash 3.55 back onto it and then update to Rogero 4.30? Unless you already tried that and I misread.

Random avatar

Reputation point: 0

Postby filouadsl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:54 am

put the ofw 3.55 on your key!!

Random avatar

Novice

Postby dreamer_ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:23 am

RedCup wrote:If you have a Flasher you could flash 3.55 back onto it and then update to Rogero 4.30? Unless you already tried that and I misread.

I supose I will need to buy one and find one of those tutorials explaining what to solder and what to do...sigh...

filouadsl wrote:put the ofw 3.55 on your key!!

I don't think that this works. The recovery asks for 4.30+, and the only working thing is the recovery.

-----

This is an important bug. There's another user in the ROGERO/Multiman pack thread, that had his HDD broken, and he can't change his hard drive for a new one, or even reflash. He's in the same problem than me.

You can find this problem, when:

- You try to change the HDD for a new one.
    - If your HDD gets corrupted and asks you to format. Then you won't be able to flash.
    - If yoy format the HDD, you won't be able to flash.

(sorry for the engrish ;-)

Random avatar

Postby loader69 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 am

This is true?

When you are in Rogero CFW 4.30 you cant format the HD?

Rogero, is important fix this bug because more people are updating to your firmware...

If you are working on this please advise to people. Thanks for your job.

Random avatar

Novice

Postby dreamer_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 am

Hi.

I Fixed the bug for my Slim 2504-B, datacode 0C. Let me explain, what it does seem to me. I think it's very important.

All NOR consoles are affected, and are vulnerable. This is a serious thing. It's just a time bomb, a matter of time you get a semibrick if your HDD gets damaged on a NOR console (al PS3 Slim and some FAT consoles seem to be affected). There's many people affected. You won't be able to reflash or replace the HDD by a new one.

The problem with this firmware, once you look inside, is that the LV0, LV1 and LV2 chains, seem to have been taken from the E3 firmware, which I don't understand. And the LV0 chain is broken because of the coolboot and the logo of Rogero's 4.30.

This means, that if you flash this firmware on a NOR console and then format the HDD because the data is corrupted or because you want to do it(or simply you try to put a new one), you get in a loop, a semibrick. The brick is because the format is not being done correctly, cause of the bad lv0 string.

The way I fixed it is taking the HDD of the console, putting it on a PC, and destroying all the format. Then managed to get into a recovery that detects the HDD without format and flashed the 4.25to3.55. The console asked to reformat about 2 times more, but it came to alive with the semi-downgrade done.

The NAND consoles are not affected, but the broken chain is there and who knows.

cheers.

Reputation point: 126
    NoviceNovice

Postby oceansoul » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks friend for advice i just wont to ask is it safe to format hdd i have ps3 with lot of games removed but ps3 keeps some files somwhere and i would love to start with new games and format but when i see this i dont do that till problem is not fixed. I have E3 flasher and backups is it safe for me to done format ?
    Happy User with Rogero 4.55 v1.00 and dump patcher 0.01, till 4.55 ps3 tools Swizzy and Rogero ...
    Thanks so much Rogero also thanks to Windrider

Random avatar

Postby Ordos » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am

Excellent post, I certainly hope that Rogero fixes.

Random avatar

Reputation point: -5

Postby TheDMChriS » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 am

dreamer_ wrote:Hi Rogero:

I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.

I think that I have found a very important bug or something that I cannot fix and it's important to consider for all.

My slim 2504-B has actually a semibrick. I updated succesfully from 3.55 Kmeak no check, to Rogero 4.30, but then, and that was my mistake, I formatted the hard disk from the recovery.

Now the console asks for a firmware flash constantly, but I get a "data error" from the recovery for all the firmwares I put in a pendrive (even for the same 4.30 Rogero i already flashed before).

I suppose I need to reflash the 4.30Rogero, as I'm only missing the data of the HDD.
    I'd ask to you, to put a little note saying people, NOT to format the HDD from the recovery, after being in this firmware, or they will get the same semibrick as I'm getting.

Is there anyway I can bypass this step? Please. There should be a way to fix this. I think I'm the first that has formatted the HDD and didn't know that I couldn't format it. sigh :oops:

Edit again: This is a very very important bug. Imagine that the HDD data gets corrupted and the console wants to format the HDD. If this happens to you, you'll have a semibrick, since you won't be able to reflash from the recovery.

Thanks a lot for your hard work for all of us, sorry for this engrish and the many posts

Thank you.

I have the same end issue as you, I'm stuck in a semi-brick...
    I tried to go into dev_blind and replace the built-in package manager with the one for 4.21 - and I fucked up the XMB.
    The XMB just can't boot past the time display module...
    Just a warning to everybody - don't try and touch vsh.self/any other files in dev_blind if you have a NAND phat, OR if you have a nor, don't fuck up the firmware in ANY way, you'll regret it.
    Rogero better release a fix for this, or at least develop a way to reflash his OWN damn firmware. I feel sorry for my PS3...

Random avatar

Novice

Postby dreamer_ » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am

I'm sorry for you. I posted how I fixed my console, just few posts below.

Next

Return to Rogero