• Rogero CFW 3.55 V3.7 with better Downgrade Compatibility • Rogero - Tortuga Cove
    Register

Rogero CFW 3.55 V3.7 with better Downgrade Compatibility

Moderators: Rogero, bitsbubba

{ VISITS } Views: 233707  Favorites Favorites: 2  Followers Followers: 7 
    Favorites: seba, z0rk
    Followers: ps3kucool, ThiagoSza, xMr_Adams-, josilonka, seba, psp_frank2, qai9ahrq4c4
    Developer

Reputation point: 1378
    Sensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of Knowledge

Rogero CFW 3.55 V3.7 with better Downgrade Compatibility

Postby Rogero » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:21 am

update ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7 ( Clicked 17315 times )

mirror ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7 ( Clicked 11940 times )

mirror2 ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7 ( Clicked 7427 times )
    Thanks Windrider for the mirror link

MD5: 8f8166b25d6bed891f292c77de5c4b28

Size : 170 MB (178,830,064 bytes)

v3.7 changes
    1- Updated the Passphrase to allow PSN/SEN access without the need to use any other tool, just install the CFW and connect to PSN/SEN.
    Credits to eussNL and the PS3DevWiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information.

2- Added a fix in the CFW for the old Black Screen Titles that needed: USB Mount (Rogero Manager) / Select+X (Multiman) to run from external HDD.
    Now the same titles can run from internal HDD fine too with this CFW.
    Credits to Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman and many other PS3 tools/fixes.

Usage / Compatibility:
    - Can be used for Downgrade directly using a hardware flasher like Progskeet / E3 Flasher / Teensy++, etc...
    - Can be used for normal system update like any other CFW/MFW from XMB or from Recovery Menu.

Internal Structure:
    New Features:
    - Updated the Passphrase to allow PSN/SEN access without the need to use any other tool, just install the CFW and connect to PSN/SEN.
    - Added a fix in the CFW for the old Black Screen Titles that needed: USB Mount (Rogero Manager) / Select+X (Multiman) to run from external HDD.
    Now the same titles can run from internal HDD fine too with this CFW.
    - Built-in system version spoof to 4.25 to prevent accidental system updates.
    - NoBD Patch to allow installing it with the Blu-Ray drive disconnected (especially for downgrading purposes)
    - Have other fixes that prevents the Black screen or Payload loading problems encountered on some PS3 systems.

Original Features:
    - Kmeaw patched Lv2 with necessary patches to allow Peek/Poke support (same games compatibility as Kmeaw CFW)
    - LV1 Checks Disabled to bypass the Syscon hashes for downgraded consoles.
    - Custom Boot Logo.
    - built-in "Heavy Rain" dynamic theme.

update ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.6 ( Clicked 4268 times ) MD5: 894132f31b3814893b4710c0b640c71f

Size : 170 MB (174,640 KB) / (178,831,085 bytes)

v3.6
    ------
    1- Updated the system version spoof to 4.25 to prevent accidental system updates --> at least from Game Discs ( internet/Sony communication is not blocked to allow future PSN access addition if possible, that's why you see the Update message when you try to Log-In to PSN ) so if anyone Insists to Update... go ahead, it's possible...

2- Please note that this CFW is an update to v:3.4 , it doesn't have any 3.56/3.60 keys like the EXPERIMENTAL CFW v:3.5
    It is so stable and doesn't have any problem with Blu-Ray discs playback because the loaders are not patched like they are in v:3.5

mirror ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.5 ( Clicked 5669 times )

MD5: e8cb983d5effd4c88742e4cd039fed90

Size : 170 MB (178,826,992 bytes)

update ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.5 ( Clicked 5918 times ) MD5: e8cb983d5effd4c88742e4cd039fed90

v3.5
    ------
    1- Added the 3.56 and 3.60 appldr/NPDRM key sets.
    2- Patched many version checks and extended keys table index to activate the usage of newly added keys.
    3- Games with Eboots version 3.56 are now working without the need for any patch, the CFW can decrypt the Eboot on the fly.
    4- Games with Eboots version 3.60 are still giving an error on load due to some additional 3.60 checks that are being worked on.
    ("EAUTHFAIL | 0x80010017 | Program authentication fail (Error starting BluRay game)" which may need to be addressed outside appldr)

Important Note:
    --------------------

This CFW is released only as a Proof of Concept for adding newer keys to 3.55 CFW.
    The 3.60 keys are already added to this CFW but some additional patching is needed on some loaders to bring the 3.60 functionality to the CFW.

Special Thanks to eussNL for his assisstance and help with the specific patches and tasks used to build and test the CFW.
    Special Thanks to glu0n for his awesome reversing/patching skills on the loaders.

update ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.4 ( Clicked 8298 times ) MD5: 75ec60e87ac9ae79c4b57293ce2ffb45

-v3.4
    ------
    1- Privacy Patch removed.
    2- Updated the system version spoof to 4.21 to prevent accidental system updates

3- Added built in PSN/SEN access, which allows going online with this CFW without any additional tools required ----> This was blocked by $ony after few days of release.

(This CFW have been tested on many slims tonight, but as usual, use it on your own risk...)

update ---> Rogero CFW V3.3 ( Clicked 3491 times ) MD5: 922013e7f41739ba9bcde7dd7aa59df1

-v3.3 Updated the system version spoof to 4.21 to prevent accidental system updates (won't allow going online in any way)

update ---> Rogero CFW V3.2 ( Clicked 4717 times ) MD5: b4f062e17ad3d28faf2a36a1f8d26b09

-v3.2 Updated the system version spoof to 4.20 to prevent accidental system updates (won't allow going online in any way)

-v3.1 BSOD problem on some PS3 machines after downgrade now is fixed..

Usage / Compatibility:
    - Can be used for Downgrade directly using a hardware flasher like Progskeet / E3 Flasher / Teensy++, etc...
    - Can be used for normal system update like any other CFW/MFW from XMB or from Recovery Menu.

Internal Structure:
    New Features:
    - Built-in system version spoof to 4.20 to prevent accidental system updates (won't allow going online in any way)
    - NoBD Patch to allow installing it with the Blu-Ray drive disconnected (especially for downgrading purposes)
    - Have other fixes that prevents the Black screen or Payload loading problems encountered on some PS3 systems.

Standard Features:
    - Kmeaw patched Lv2 with necessary patches to allow Peek/Poke support (same games compatibility as Kmeaw CFW)
    - LV1 Checks Disabled to bypass the Syscon hashes for downgraded consoles.
    - Privacy Patch applied to block communications with all Sony servers.
    - Custom Boot Logo.
    - built-in "Heavy Rain" dynamic theme.

This is a better optimized version of the previous MFW released, This one is a Custom firmware
    built manually by patching and packing the files and the final PUP package using the well known
    "failoverflow" public set of tools and having "Kmeaw" as the base firmware unlike it's previous
    version which was a Modified firmware built using the famous MFW builder application and using
    an OFW3.55 as the base firmware.

History:
    After several days and more testing of the first MFW released for downgrading from 3.70-->3.55
    I had some users feedback from #progskeet-support that some PS3 machines are having either
    the Registry Corrupted/Blue Screen or just a Black Screen after downgrade that required re-installing
    the MFW from Recovery Menu or reflashing the NOR in some cases.

Further research about the downgrade V2 patches and the no_check.PUP with some more testing
    showed that a Kmeaw based LV2 seems to have better compatibility with the Downgrade patches
    applied to the NOR image then a MFW built with a patched LV2, so I decided to build a new version
    manually which is a custom firmware that combines Kmeaw LV2 patches with Dospiedras Lv1 no-check
    patches and having the minimal/necessary set of patches to preserve the best overall stability.

Thanks to the all the beta testers especially Blakcat & Marlboro1 :)

N.B: please note that Rogero Manager v8.5 or newer are only compatible with this CFW V2
    because the CFW have the built in version spoofed to 3.70 and older versions of the Manager (8.4 and lower)
    can't recognize it and won't be able to load the necessary payload.

Cheers

Updated the spoof version to latest 4.00:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Download Link ---> Rogero_CFW_V2_Kmeaw_LV1_Patched_4.00_spoof_Privacy_Patch.PUP ( Clicked 9644 times )

Last edited by windrider on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am, edited 30 times in total.
    Reason: removed the "to be released soon" text that followed the words Rogero Manager v8.5
    It is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years.

Random avatar

Reputation point: 0

Re: Rogero CFW V2 with better Downgrade Compatibility

Postby ps3kucool » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am

Hi Rogero, i have couple question about this cfw:
    1. Is this the same with "..CFW V2 Kmeaw LV1 Patched 3.72 Spoof Privacy Patch...."?
    2. Also, is the spoof thingy removable/ uninstallable/deletable (in case I do not want this spoof thingy on my system)?
    3. Yesterday, when I tried to back up from the "back up utility" from the xmb with my usb stick, it says something"....you need at least 88GB to back up....." (i got the step by step instruction by you at ps3hax); is this big file normal because I don't have anything on my picture, video, and music's files? (I am in the process to upgrade my int HDD). Thanks in advance.
    PS3 Slim 120gb, ps3Ita cfw, Rogero 8.4.

Developer

Sensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of KnowledgeSensei of Knowledge

Postby Rogero » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm

ps3kucool wrote:Hi Rogero, i have couple question about this cfw:
    1. Is this the same with "..CFW V2 Kmeaw LV1 Patched 3.72 Spoof Privacy Patch...."?
    2. Also, is the spoof thingy removable/ uninstallable/deletable (in case I do not want this spoof thingy on my system)?
    3. Yesterday, when I tried to back up from the "back up utility" from the xmb with my usb stick, it says something"....you need at least 88GB to back up....." (i got the step by step instruction by you at ps3hax); is this big file normal because I don't have anything on my picture, video, and music's files? (I am in the process to upgrade my int HDD). Thanks in advance.
    PS3 Slim 120gb, ps3Ita cfw, Rogero 8.4.

Hello,
    I just updated the link to point to the latest CFW V2 with the 3.72 spoof, this spoof is built in into the CFW so it can only be overwritten with another spoofer (maybe future version 3.72+) but you can't disabled it (make it 3.55 again) unless you use a 3.55 spoofer for example or overwrite the corresponding files in the Flash (but this is not recommended if you don't know what you're doing)

About this backup utility from XMB, I don't use it, i just copy the Game Saves that i need to USB stick then exchange/Update the HDD.

Cheers

Random avatar

Postby ps3kucool » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 pm

My point asking about the possibility to remove the spoof because eventually (in case) i want to back to OFW without any problem at all. I've read somewhere when somebody wants to back to OFW, he/she has to remove the spoof before goes back to ofw. Is that any way/option to go back to ofw in the future with this cfw?

Developer

Postby Rogero » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:03 pm

ps3kucool wrote:My point asking about the possibility to remove the spoof because eventually (in case) i want to back to OFW without any problem at all. I've read somewhere when somebody wants to back to OFW, he/she has to remove the spoof before goes back to ofw. Is that any way/option to go back to ofw in the future with this cfw?

That's very simple, you can Enter Recovery Mode in order to bypass any spoof applied and install 3.55OFW or any other OFW/CFW you like.

Reputation point: 234
    NoviceNoviceNovice

Postby bitsbubba » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Rogero is this safe for any PS3s or just ones downgraded with Nand/Nor flasher?

Edit: read it again and I think I got my answer, but now I see that in the description you say you didn't add privacy patch & download link says privacy patch. Which is it?

Edit 2: also would everything be just as it was if I decide to go to my old CFW/MFW?
    CECHA01 (500GB/REBUG 4.46.1/XMBM+)
    Black Wii (4.2u Soft-Modded/Priiloader/Homebrew Channel/Dios Mios)
    Forum Rules

Random avatar

Postby ps3kucool » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 pm

That's very simple, you can Enter Recovery Mode in order to bypass any spoof applied and install 3.55OFW or any other OFW/CFW you like.[/quote]

Thank you Rogero; I think I've read to much so I am so afraid I'll mess up my console. So, removing/ uninstalling a spoof before goes back to the OFW is an urban legend right? I really like your backup manager because it has never given me any problem or issue at all (first of all about the split games).

Random avatar

Postby power.games » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Rogero.
    The link you put Rogero_CFW_V2_Kmeaw_LV1_Patched_4.00_spoof_Privacy_Patch.PUP is to perform the downgrade from version 4.00 to 3.55 using the same files Lv1 and Lv2 the previous downgrade version 3.72?
    Thank you very much for your response.
    PD : I am using to do the downgrade the tool Progskeet :roll:

Random avatar

Postby weedletrainer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:25 pm

hi rogero
    i just want to confirm that your downgrade worked perfectly for my friends ps3, but not mine. when i go to system update then storage media, then ill find the downgrade and will ask me if i would like to continue.
    theres the problem : when i click on continue, it switches to another scene where it says something like u can upgrade to 3.66 or higher only, currently I'm on 4.00 and when i bought my 320 gb fat ps3, the system was already on 3.66.
    so my question is, how do we patch that, or just skip that screen,could you help me with your FANTASTIC downgrade please, just a little more and ill be the first ever PERFECT one !!!

Developer

Postby Rogero » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 am

power.games wrote:Hi Rogero.
    The link you put Rogero_CFW_V2_Kmeaw_LV1_Patched_4.00_spoof_Privacy_Patch.PUP is to perform the downgrade from version 4.00 to 3.55 using the same files Lv1 and Lv2 the previous downgrade version 3.72?
    Thank you very much for your response.
    PD : I am using to do the downgrade the tool Progskeet :roll:

sorry guys for the late replies,

and the answer is Yes you need to use the same files as before, just the CFW was updated with the latest spoof version 4.00

Next

Return to Rogero